The first hull from the new SeaXplorer range from Dutch builders Amels and Damen was launched today at the Damen yard in Romania.
The SeaXplorer 65, first revealed during the 2015 Monaco Yacht Show, was sold nearly two years ago. Following the steel hull launch, it will be moved to the Netherlands for final outfitting, with a planned delivery set for 2019. The 65-metre Polar code model features an exterior by Azure Naval Architects, with a signature Sea Axe bow and an icebreaking stern. She will be able to accommodate up to 12 guests as well as a crew of 20. SeaXplorer 65 has sufficient space to carry the full range of tenders and toys one would expect on such a “go anywhere” model of yacht.
Damen were not able to comment on the hull launch, but the video below captures this important milestone in the build of this new project.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA