Ahead of the New Year, Dutch shipyard Amels found themselves busy with the launch of their second largest superyacht ever built, the very first hull in the yard’s Limited Editions 242 range designed by Tim Heywood with interiors created by Winch Design.
The 74 metre project is overseen by Moran Yacht & Ship, and was moved from the main production shed to the yard’s Drydock 2, to allow for other projects, of which 10 is currently undergoing, to be continued.
The yard is also currently working on the second hull of the series, project 7402, which was recently sold to her owner, and is expected to be delivered some time in 2017.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA