The hull and superstructure of the first Limited Editions Amels 242, project Freefall, was recently launched, and has been moved to the Amels yard in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, where she will be completed. The yacht is due for delivery in 2016.
The 74-metre yacht is designed by Tim Heywood design and Andrew Winch has been commissioned to style the interior. Moran Yacht & Ship sold the project, and are managing her construction.
There are several projects well underway at the Dutch yard. The yard will soon launch the second Limited Editions Amels 199, and there are two 180's under construction at the Vlissingen facility.
Amels is also working on a refit the 96 metre Vava II.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA