Last night, the completed hull and superstructure of Oceanco’s 109-metre superyacht project, code named Y718, hit the water where she will be transported to the shipyard’s Alblasserdam facility near Rotterdam for completion. Y718 features some familiar design details seen on other Oceanco’s before her. She will be one of the largest yachts ever built in the Netherlands once launched in 2018. The project follows a busy period for the shipyard after launching its two largest superyacht projects, the 106-metre Y712 and 110-metre Y714, within a period of five months.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA