Ocean Independence today announced that the 50-metre new build project Maia has been sold by Heesen Yachts USA with broker Chris Collins representing the buyer. Construction on the project will continue at the shipyard in Oss, the Netherlands until mid-2018 when the yacht is expected to be delivered in June.Photo: Dick Holthuis
Maia features flowing exterior lines from the drawing boards of Clifford Den, with Reymond Langton undertaking the interior design of the project. Amongst her stand out features is a luxurious beach club complete with a bar and sauna. Her tenders will be carried on the foredeck where they can be quickly and efficiently deployed.
Maia can accommodate 10 guests in five staterooms.
Performance wise she will be powered by twin MTU engines, providing her with a top speed of 15 knots and a range of 3,800 nm at 12 knots.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA