Dutch yard Heesen Yachts has appointed the luxury yacht consultancy firm BehneMar as their official agent in the Middle East. The appointment comes as a response to an increased demand for superyachts in the region, with BehneMar representing the shipyard in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.
The Heesen Board of Directors comments: “We are very enthusiastic about this new partnership in the Middle East and very much looking forward to working with the BehneMar team on exciting new projects. Beirut Boat 2018 is our first joint commercial effort in the region and our first step together on the path of a fruitful collaboration.”
Hisham Abushakra, Executive Director of BehneMar continues: “BehneMar is looking forward to a fruitful cooperation with Heesen, as we notice an increasing demand of Middle Eastern-based clients for Heesen’s iconic yachts in the 50 – 70-metre range.”
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA