The 39.4-metre motor yacht Lady Azul (ex: Serenity J) has been sold, with Jan Jaap Minnema from Fraser in Monaco representing the seller and Idea Yachting introducing the buyer in the deal. Built in steel and aluminium to ABS class by Dutch yard Heesen in 2001, motor yacht Lady Azul features an exterior design by Omega Architects and underwent a full refit in 2015.
On board, she accommodates up to 10 guests across five staterooms, including a full-beam main deck owners' suite. Below deck, her remaining guests are housed in a VIP suite, a double and two twin staterooms, all of which include entertainment centres and ensuite bathrooms. A crew of seven is also accommodated for on board. Lady Azul's interior comes from the drawing boards of the Fort Lauderdale-based studio, Paola D. Smith & Associates and is characterised as timeless, bright and luxurious, featuring a large skylounge with bar and entertainment centre.
In terms of her performance, Lady Azul can reach a top speed of 14 knots thanks to her twin Caterpillar 825 HP engines and cruises at 12 knots.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 Dutch built yachts sold at an average asking price of €19,9m equivalent to €31,450 per GT.
- Last year, Heesen built yachts sold at an average asking price of €7,7m or €24,369 per GT.
- During 2018, yachts built between 1998 and 2003 sold at an average asking price of €3,7m equivalent to €13,868 per GT.
- In 2018 yachts in the 37-43-metre range sold at an average asking price of €7,5m or €24,450 per GT.
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2000 in Netherlands measuring around 40m sold at an average asking price of €8,8m or €23,408 per GT.
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Unexpected had a last asking price of €9,75m, equivalent to €25,862 per GT
- Lady Lucy had a last asking price of €7,9m equivalent to €20,954 per GT
- Eleven Heesen yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €7,1m.
- Today there are 25 used Heesen yachts for sale at an average asking price of €13,5m
- Lady Azul’s asking price was €6,75m or €17,307 per GT