On Thursday 30th April 2015 the FSG Shipyard in Flensburg, Germany launched the hull of the latest 98.50 metre superyacht which will be built by Abeking & Rasmussen. Only known by her hull number 6501, she will be the largest Abeking & Rasmussen superyacht ever built.
In the recent issue of The SuperYacht Times, we look at the expansion of the Abeking & Rasmussen facilities in Lemwerder which is scheduled for completion towards the end of this summer. The facility development comes after the 98.5 metre project was signed over a year ago, Sales Director Till Von Krause tells SYT. Von Krause continues in the article to talk about the project in more depth, revealing that they will complete the vessel in a unique time-saving method of construction in which the yacht will be outfitted in two completely separate sections.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA