The aluminium hull of C. 2218, the second of two yachts in the new generation of 60 metre sailing yachts sold by Perini Navi, was turned at their Perini Istanbul-Yildiz shipyard. The aluminium hull and superstructure will result in a full load displacement of approximately 570 tonnes for a less than 500 gross tonnes vessel. By the end of summer 2012, the hull will be transferred to the Perini Navi Viareggio shipyard for outfitting scheduled to be completed in the first half of 2014.
The C.2218 sloop, designed by Perini Navi naval architects in collaboration with New Zealander Ron Holland, will also be equipped with the new generation Perini Navi sail handling equipment and a centreboard varying the draught from 12.30m to 4.30m.
The interior, designed to accommodate up to 12 people in 5 comfortable cabins including the full beam owner's suite, is designed in-house by the Perini Navi Design Department.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA