Following the successful first sea trials of Baton Rouge (formerly project Florida), the latest in the series of 62 metre custom creations from ICON, the owner’s party together with the yard and project team celebrated the blessing of Baton Rouge on Wednesday, 7th of July 2010 in Harlingen.
After an extended tour of the yacht by the owners with designers Tim Heywood, Justin Redman and the Burgess project team, the yacht received her blessing by the local priest. With a personal thank you to all involved, the owner’s wife cut the ribbon and as is tradition a bottle of Moët & Chandon champagne provided the appropriate ‘splash’.
The imminent completion of Baton Rouge follows the success of the first 62m build, M/Y Icon, delivered in January of this year.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA