Icon Yachts has invested in expanding its facilities to better accommodate the number of refit projects. The shipyard is currently building a new floating shed next to its maintenance hall, so it will be able to work on more projects, as well as larger projects.Photo: Van Geest DesignThe new floating shed is set to offer an increased capacity of nearly 100%, measuring 130-metres long and 30 metres wide, with 28 metres of mast clearance, according to Icon Yachts. Construction on the floating shed already began earlier this month, and completion is expected by the end of this year. Photo: Francisco MartinezThe expansion push comes as Icon Yachts reports exceptionally strong growth, hiring 25 new employees over the past year alone. More than 300 metres of yacht projects are currently under construction at Icon Yachts.
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA