Photos by Merijn de Waard
Global has arrived in the Mediterranean Sea after a lengthy visit to Lürssen’s facilities in Germany where the yacht was extended from her original 68-metre length to 74 metres. Global’s aft decks were extended and now houses a larger helipad on the upper aft deck.
Global was built in 2007 for an experienced yacht owner who sold the yacht to her current owner in 2013. In 2014 the shipyard completed a refit which, amongst other things, had the yacht’s hull colour change to her current light grey. Global’s original exterior was designed by Espen Oeino and featured Reymond Langton Design as the interior designers.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA