Visitors to Monaco this week are treated to a very special spectacle where the two industry-challenging yachts, Motor and Sailing Yacht A can be seen together in Mediterranean waters for the first time. Although vastly different vessels, both are the work of designer Philippe Starck and are owned by the same individual. These photos by Monaco-resident Raphaël Belly capture the clear styling differences between the two yachts and allow us for the first time to see the enormous 142.8-metre Sailing Yacht A all set up and ready for the Mediterranean summer season.
Photos by Raphaël Belly
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA