Seen here arriving in Gibraltar fresh from having completed an Atlantic crossing is the 162.5m superyacht Eclipse. For a couple of years, Eclipse, built by German shipyard Blohm & Voss GmbH, held the title of the world's longest superyacht. She may have been pushed back to the second spot by the 180 metre Azzam, but at 162.5 metres, she remains highly impressive nevertheless. The enormous yacht, owned by a well known Russian businessman, accommodates 36 guests and can carry up to 100 crew members. Some of Eclipse’s most impressive features include a massive 200m² swim platform, a large pool on the main aft deck and two helicopter landing pads.
Photos by Moshi Anahory
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA