We are proud to present our new game-changing virtual yachting world: SuperYacht Times 3D (SYT 3D). Built with the use of modern gaming technology, SYT 3D is the first online tool that brings the experience of yachting to life and will change the way clients discover yachts virtually. Photo: SuperYacht Times
The options for SYT 3D are endless, from creating bespoke private worlds for yacht builders to the unique ability for clients to find and compare yachts at an exact scale and view them from all different angles in 3D. Gaming elements will add an interactive touch to entertain the user while they explore our new virtual yacht show.
Further ideas include the addition of informative content that will help clients to understand yachting in a completely new way. Examples include the visual explanation of different hull forms seen from underwater at different speeds, a virtual engine room with all of the main machinery presented in 3D or a comparison of the effect of different stabilisers - the opportunities are endless!
As Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of every crisis, lies great opportunity.”
In the near future, we are going to see some major changes in the superyacht industry. Here is why:
- Online research - Clients research yachts online and this will only increase. In one of our webinars, yacht broker Chris Cecil-Wright mentioned that they sold a 56-metre Feadship by taking the client through a virtual tour. The first time the client stepped on board was after he had bought the yacht.
- Less travel - Yacht sales have been successfully concluded remotely. Worldwide, there has been a significant drop in carbon emissions as a result of the pandemic, and with a growing awareness in yachting that we have to take a leading role in becoming more sustainable, is it really necessary to travel as much as we do?
- Questioning yachting events - As major events have been cancelled, shipyards and brokers are questioning the ROI of events. Company’s investments in online presence will grow. Yacht shows will remain important, but increasingly people will be asking, do they justify the money spent on them?
- Data is essential - Marketing in yachting will see a shift and will become more data-driven, rather than being driven by relations and past experiences.
- Future generation - Long-term strategists understand the power of young fans, as they will be the clients of the future. The yachting brands that future owners admire for a long time will have priority over brands they don’t know. And with superyacht owners in their 20s and 30s, that future is closer than you think – do you really think these owners will use traditional marketing tools to find their yachts?
We know that nothing can beat the real-life yachting experience, but we can use technology to get pretty close. And we’re not alone in realising the potential of digital:
- Russian billionaire and well-known superyacht owner Mikhail Prokhorov has invested in the virtual party startup Sensorium
- In one weekend over 1 million people tuned in for the digital festival Tomorrowland
- Over 27.7 million players watched rapper Travis Scott across five virtual events in the battle royale game Fortnite
- Worldwide, there are 2.6 billion gamers who generate $159 billion in revenue, which is expected to grow to over $200 billion in 2023
As you can see, we are not alone in realising the potential of digital. SYT 3D is not a one-off product, but the start of something major in which we will continue to invest: we already have four-full time members of staff working around the clock on development. Photo: SuperYacht Times
We are convinced that SYT 3D will become the go-to tool for any yacht buyer and I am very pleased with the early support from Lürssen, Feadship, Turquoise Yachts and Gulf Craft who all see the potential of this new platform.
Want to be part of the biggest marketing revolution in yachting and feature your yacht(s) or company in SYT 3D? Get in touch at [email protected].