Superyacht Ona cruising the Cote d'Azur
Launched at the Lürssen shipyard in Germany in 2008, the 110m superyacht Ona (ex. Dilbar) was designed by Tim Heywood, and shares a rather similar exterior with her two sisters Pelorus (2003) and Radiant (2009). Her highly ornate interior is the work of designer Alberto Pinto. Before having had taken delivery of Ona, this owner had a 66m Oceanco superyacht, which he sold and is now known as Natita. Since taking delivery Ona, the owner has commissioned yet another yacht, this time a 156 metre superyacht built by the same German shipyard. Fitted with a combined diesel mechanic and diesel electric propulsion system, Ona is certainly one of the ‘greener’ large superyachts operating today. Currently in the top 30 largest yachts of all time, she was recently sighted cruising the Cote d’Azur as she made her way to the International Yacht Club de Antibes.
Photo by Denis David
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA