Kleven, the Norwegian shipyard behind the two recent Ulysses and U116 explorer superyachts, has announced that it has entered an agreement with Lürssen in the build of a new 100-metre explorer yacht. The German yacht builder has recently joined a group of companies that have collectively invested in the Kleven shipyard.Photo: Christian EckardtThe vessel is to be built and completed on a technical level at Kleven, where after Lürssen will take delivery of the vessel at the recently acquired Blohm & Voss facility in Hamburg where outfitting of the yacht will take place.
Kleven CEO, Ståle Rasmussen, sees the partnership as the perfect match for this particular type of vessel: “The combination of Lürssen’s world-known yacht designers, creating custom-built yachts like no other, and Kleven’s modern and highly automated shipbuilding facility in Norway will provide unrivalled quality to our customers.”
Photo by Christian Eckardt
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA