Yesterday saw the launch of Darius, the first superyacht over 100 metres to launch in 2009. Darius was launched from the Lürssen Shipyard in Bremen yesterday afternoon and will be delivered this summer. Darius is one of the 3 superyachts to be delivered by the German Shipyard this year, the other two being the 60 metre Arkley (June 2009) and Scout (October 2009).
Project Darius has a length of 110 metres and has an exterior design of Tim Heywood with an interior of Glenn Pushelberg and will see delivery in summer 2009.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA