Photo: Nico CartalaFollowing a five-month refit in San Francisco, California, the 79-metre motor yacht Rocinante has cruised south to reach Mexican waters where she is currently moored in Cabo San Lucas. Launched under the name Madsummer in 2008 at Lürssen and later renamed TV, Rocinante’s design is the work of Espen Oeino and Alberto Pinto who created the yacht’s exterior and interior respectively. Her exterior underwent a slight change in 2001 when her original light blue hull colour was replaced with the current light grey scheme we see today. An experienced world cruiser, Rocinante cruises at 12 knots and can reach up to 17 knots at full speed.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA