From 12 to 18 September 2007, the Yacht Club de Monaco organized the Monaco Classic Week. In 1862 the first regattas took place in the bay of Monaco. At the end of that century under the impetus of the "Oceanographic Prince," Prince Albert Ist, Monaco hoisted itself to the very top of the international yachting scene.
Under the presidency of H.S.H. Prince Albert II, the Yacht Club de Monaco has been organizing the Monaco Classic Week since 1994 and it has become the point of reference for traditional yacht meetings. Even today it is still the only event to embrace traditional sailing yachts, classic motor yachts and vintage motorboats in a single port.
Excellence and conviviality: these are the two key words which best describe this biennial event which proffers an exceptional line-up, notably Lulworth (1920), Iduna (1939), Eleonora (replica of 1910), SS Delphine (1921), Mariquita (1911) and also Moonbeam IV (1914). Nearly 50 vessels were berthed in front of the Yacht Club de Monaco to celebrate the reunion of Tuiga and Hispania, the two sister ships built by Fife in 1909.
Photo credit: Maarten Janssen & Merijn de Waard / SuperYachtPhoto.com