A couple of weeks ago I published a photo of superyacht Touch Wood, taken in Dubai. Superyacht Touch Wood is one of those yachts that has always remains a bit of a mystery to me. She seemed to be built from solid teak wood, and even though I believed she was built in the Middle East, I was not quite sure where.
Until I recently received an email from Willem de Koning, who tells me the yacht was built in the Saif Mohd Belquizi Shipbuilding yard at Dubai Al Jadaf area in 2007-2008. It is here, where they built the yacht on Dubai Creek's beachfront. Willem also confirms the yacht was made from solid teak. Indian teak to be precise.
Thank you Willem for sending these photos of the yacht under construction!
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA