Fraser has announced the sale of the 65-metre Heesen motor yacht Galactica Star, with Joshua Gulbranson representing the seller and Burgess representing the buyer in the deal. Photo: Jim RaycroftEarlier this year, superyacht Galactica Star underwent a sealed bidding auction following the court-ordered seizure of her owner's assets, including the yacht, by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Taking place between April and May, the MRP (minimum reserve price), of this yacht for sale was set at $42,000,000.In terms of layout, the four-deck motor yacht features a full-beam owner’s suite on the main deck, four double cabins on the lower deck and a VIP cabin on the bridge deck with a private lounge area. Delivered in 2013, her exterior design is from the drawing boards of Omega Architects and she has interiors by the British studio Bannenberg & Rowell. In total, she can accommodate up to 12 guests and 13 crewmembers. Performance-wise, Galactica Star is the first superyacht to feature the Fast Displacement Hull Form (FDHF) developed by Van Oossanen Naval Architects and benefits from 30% more hull efficiency than a round-bilge motor yacht as a consequence. Galactica Star has a range of 4,000 nautical miles when travelling at 14 knots and she can be powered up to a top speed of 28 knots thanks to her twin MTU 5,592 HP engines.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018, Dutch-built yachts sold at an average asking price of €22.97m equivalent to €29.650 per GT
- Last year, Heesen-built yachts sold at an average asking price of €8.4m or €22,690 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2011 and 2015 sold at an average asking price of €16.72m equivalent to €33,430 per GT
- In 2018, yachts in the 63-65-metre range sold at an average asking price of €50.3m or €36,780 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Hampshire had a last asking price of €85m equivalent to €57,394 per GT
- Double Down had a last asking price of €39.97m equivalent to €31,277per GT
- Ventum Maris had a last asking price of €52.5m equivalent to €34,930 per GT
Similar yachts for sale on SuperYacht Times
- Out of the 105 Heesen yachts, there are 23 Heesen yachts for sale at an average asking price of €12.4m
- Out of the 192 Feadship yachts, there are 37 Feadship yachts for sale at an average asking price of €16.6m
- Out of the 53 Abeking & Rasmussen yachts, there are 13 Abeking & Rasmussen yachts for sale at an average asking price of €34.1m
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!