Seen here in Hamburg together earlier this week undergoing maintenance work at the former Blohm & Voss facility, now owned by Lürssen, are two of the largest yachts in the world, Eclipse and Octopus. Once known as the longest yacht in the world and designed by Terence Disdale, Eclipse was launched in Hamburg in 2010 and commissioned by an experienced yachtsman. Octopus also started her life in Germany when she was built at Lürssen in 2003 to a design by Espen Oeino. Since this photo was taken, Eclipse has departed Hamburg and set course for the Caribbean.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA