Think you've got what it takes to identify our Mystery Yacht? This year, SYT's revered in-house yacht historian and archivist, Malcolm Wood will be testing your yacht-spotting knowledge to the limit in a series featuring historic yachts selected from his archives that were rarely mentioned or photographed in their day.
This month’s Mystery Yacht was one of the largest yachts in the world when she was delivered over 80 years ago. Measuring over 100 metres in length, this German-built vessel served as an armed yacht in the US Navy in WWII.
Malcolm's latest history feature exploring the Defoe Cruisemasters can be found in the January/February issue of The SuperYacht Times newspaper, which is exclusively available via subscription.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA