Think you've got what it takes to identify our Mystery Yacht? This year, SYT's revered in-house yacht historian and archivist, Malcolm Wood is testing your yacht-spotting knowledge to the limit in a series featuring historic yachts selected from his archives that were rarely mentioned or photographed in their day.
Photo: Malcolm Wood Yachting ArchiveThis month’s Mystery Yacht comes with two clues: she was a vessel built in the 19th century and measured over 100 metres in length.
Malcolm's latest history feature discussing Maxim des Mers - a luxury commercial yacht which was a sea-going version of the world-famous Maxim's restaurant in Paris - can be found in the March/April issue of The SuperYacht Times newspaper. Exclusively available via subscription, get your copy here.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA