What is turning into a busy week for Feadship, one of the latest projects of the Dutch builder is now ready for its next stage of construction after the hull of the 100-metre Project 1008 was launched this week at the Slob shipyard in Papendrecht.
The steel hull, sporting a familiar plumb bow and simplistic deck lines, will now be transported to Feadship’s facility in Makkum where the project will be completed. Based on its current state of construction, the project could be ready for launch by 2020. Details surrounding the yacht’s design team and project management remains unknown at the moment.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA