The Turkish company CBK Superyachts (formerly known as VBG Superyachts) is currently building a 42-metre motor yacht under the project name Skylight II. This new project is close sistership to the 40-metre Skylight (formerly known as Ceydam, pictured here) that was built by the same shipyard.
Sold by naval architect and yacht broker, Bekirhan Eğriboz, of Skylight Yachting in 2017, the yacht is on track for delivery next year. Skylight II will be powered by twin 1,500hp MTU engines and she can achieve a top speed of 18 knots and a cruising speed of 14 knots. She will be built to RINA commercial regulations.
The final renderings are not available yet, but she will have similar lines as her smaller sistership, Skylight.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA