Amels has today announced the sale of their latest 55-metre Amels 180 superyacht currently under construction at the yard’s facilities in Vlissingen, the Netherlands. The buyer was represented by Burgess’ Peter Brown, with delivery scheduled in summer this year.
Tim Heywood is responsible for her exterior design, with a contemporary interior the work of Laura Sessa. "This new yacht beautifully highlights the advantages of our Limited Editions approach to yacht building," comments Amels Commercial Director, Rose Damen. "The Amels 180 has been the world’s best-selling 55-metre yacht design since 2007, and we’ve been able to do that through constantly evolving and introducing new features. We can’t wait to see her on the water with her owner later this year."
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA