The complete hull and superstructure of a new Lürssen motor yacht project was released into the water for the first time this morning as the project will now move to her final build shed for completion in Rendsburg, Germany. The project is believed to measure 98 metres in length and was sold to the client by Moran Yacht & Ship. The project is expected to be completed in 2019.Photo: Carl Groll
“It’s for an American client who has been a great client of ours for 15 years,” said Moran Yacht & Ship president Rob Moran at Monaco Yacht Show. “We’ve built many boats for him before.
Once completed, Project Maui, as she is called by Moran Yacht & Ship, will accommodate 20 guests in 10 staterooms. Designed for world cruising, the yacht will house a 12-metre swimming pool and a large diving area. The bow area will be able to store a helicopter below deck.
Photo by Carl Groll / TheYachtPhoto.com
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA