The 32-metre superyacht Pirate Radio has been sold in an in-house deal with Northrop & Johnson. Designed by Todd Chaffee and built by the US yard Poole Boat Company in 1983, she has previously cruised under a number of names, including Ciao Bella, Explorer 1, Blade and Scoundrels.
Photo: Northrop & JohnsonOver the years she has undergone several refits, the most extensive taking place from 1998 - 2000 which saw electronic and mechanical upgrades in addition to a new bow design, superstructure and a transom extension that provided her with a unique tender elevator and two garages.
Northrop & Johnson’s Paul Daubner represented the seller in the deal, with Kristen Engelmann-Klein and Kevin Merrigan representing the buyer. At the time of sale, Pirate Radio was listed at an asking price of $1,400,000.
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA