The week of superyacht launches continues as today near Rotterdam, Dutch shipyard Oceanco revealed its new 88.5-metre motor yacht project Y715 for the first time. Designed by Sam Sorgiovanni, Y715 will be delivered to her owner in 2017.
The completed hull and superystructure of the project arrived at Oceanco’s facility in Alblasserdam in May last year and has been under completion ever since. The yacht draws 3.9 metres below the waterline, measures 14.2 metres across, and has an estimated internal volume of 2,950 GT.
No stranger to the Dutch shipyard, Sorgiovanni is the designer behind the Oceanco superyachts Anastasia and Nirvana.
Photos by Hans de Visser
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA