Mallorca based Palma Refit has announced the successful completion of a substantial refit of a 48 metre motor yacht. The 8 month project was supported with valuable local knowledge and experience from the Palma Refit team, now in their 12th year of business refitting superyachts.
The efficient coordination of suppliers and sub contractors in the yard was conducive to the comprehensive project being delivered on time for the yachts 2012 summer itinerary. Palma Refit, with a commercial office in the STP shipyard, also provided the comfort of a on- site office space and communication facilities for the owners representatives for the duration of the refit.
“This large scale refit presented some challenging tasks and we are proud to have delivered the results to the owners and yacht management company’s expectations. All works were carried out in conjunction with the yachts principal management company who benefited from discounts up to 20% from local and international suppliers and sub contractors thanks to our new transparent price structure provided a substantial cost saving at the end of the 8 month period. . The client also qualified for further savings as Palma Refit are authorized by the Spanish Customs to apply a VAT exemption scheme. As part of our continued effort to provide the best solutions for our clients, our wealth of local knowledge and experience proved invaluable for contractor selection in order to meet budget and time constraints.” commented Marc Kelly, Director of Palma Refit. The highlighted task of an expansive scope of works included the largest retro-fit installation to date of four Seakeeper gyroscopic stabilizer units installed to Lloyd’s standards.
The scope of works for this refit project included:
• Largest retro-fit of x4 Seakeeper gyroscopic stabilizer units installed to Lloyds specifications.
• Underwater hull profile modified and new propellers supplied
• Systems servicing. Full overhaul and upgrade of the main engine, generators, hydraulics, navigational equipment, sea safety and security equipment, fresh, grey & black water.
• Upgrade of AV + new telephone system throughout the yacht
• Curved custom made bridge windscreens produced to Lloyds standards.
• Repairs and modifications to improve various areas of the super structure.
• Interior design and layout modifications
• Teak deck and carpentry works.
• Owners supply include new tender with custom paint job and furnishings, new towing eye installation + rig, jet-skis, water toys, luxury bed linens & interior items.
• New water sports area created in the garage/lazarette
• Carbon composite swim ladder + fender system designed, supplied & fitted to accommodate new tender
• Partial metallic paint works
As standard practice, Palma Refit clients are presented a personalised card & discount program quite simply called “The Refit Card” which entitles each client to discounts, benefits and complimentary items for the duration of the refit. The fresh approach to Refit Management provides a solid outline of what will be supplied & achieved at a set price and timeframe. This transparency and open book approach eliminates risk and offers favourable platform for project budget forecasting. The new Palma Refit website is to be launched in August.
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!