Following the roll out operation which we published earlier this week, Palmer Johnson have now launched project PJ265, the first SuperSport 48M.
The yard says the SuperSport 48M "Redefines the most important parameters of yachting", which they claim is to have the most gorgeous shapes and still have the space and comfort of a traditional yacht, and to be fast yet as efficient as a displacement yacht.
The yacht is has a wavepiercing displacement hull, which is designed to reach 32 knots, using MTU 2000 series engines, burning 50% less fuel.
She is also the largest yacht built entirely from carbon.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA