The aluminium ketch Melek, the 50th superyacht from Perini Navi and the 9th in their successful 56 metre series, has been delivered to her owner by the Perini Navi Group.
The formal delivery was held at Perini Navi’s headquarters in Viareggio, in the presence of the owner's representative and the team of Perini Navi. Following the formal procedure, the crew proceeded with the flag substitution.
Giancarlo Ragnetti, CEO of Perini Navi Group comments: “The delivery of Melek means the achievement of 50 units at sea since the beginning of our history, a prestigious and important result which was hard to imagine in the early eighties. Moreover, continues Ragnetti, it highlights this successful series of yachts of 56 meters, which within the first half of next year will reach the enviable number of 10 units, establishing an outstanding record in the world of superyachts.”
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA