Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht TimesPictured here taking part in the 2018 Perini Navi Cup in Porto Cervo is the Perini Navi superyacht duo, Maltese Falcon (front)and Bayesian (rear). One of the world's most photographed yachts, the 88-metre Maltese Falcon was built in 2006 with her interior and exterior design by Ken Freivokh. Sold to her current owner in August 2009, Maltese Falcon is an active participant in superyacht regattas worldwide and benefits from her sophisticated automated square rigged DynaRig sail plan which delivers exceptional speed, performance and manoeuvrability. The slightly smaller sloop Bayesian features interiors by Rémi Tessier and can reach a top speed of 15.6 knots.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA