Perini Navi has today announced the completion of the mast stepping stepping of hull C.2130, their latest 38 metre sloop, and are busy preparing for the launch of the vessel this coming Saturday. The 51.40 metre carbon fibre mast is combined with a 14 metre furling boom and composite standing rigging for a sail plan surface area that exceeds 1,870 square metres.
Designed for fast and easy sailing, the yacht is constructed entirely of Sealium aluminium alloy and boasts several technical innovations, including electric captive winches engineered in-house by the Perini Navi team and a Lithium polymer battery system for silent running.
She will be christened Dahlak at her launch on Saturday 5th March. The name is taken from the Red Sea archipelago, chosen by her owner, a warm nod to a childhood spent sailing throughout the spectacular area.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA