Once the world's fastest vessel to cross the Atlantic, the 67 metre Destriero nowadays seems to have lost her grace, laid up at an undisclosed location in Germany, where one of our readers recently took this photo of her.
The vessel was originally fitted with triple GE LM1600 gas turbines, giving her a top speed of 59.4 knots. Destriero crossed the atlantic in 1992, at a 53.1 knots average, without refueling. It took Destriero just over two days to do so.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA