Quantum Marine of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is proud to announce the successful completion of the Three Peaks Challenge, and raised a total of US$19,400 in donations and sponsorships benefiting the charity, 'Kids in Distress' (KID).
The breathtaking challenge known as the "Three Peaks", involves climbing the three highest peaks in the British Isles (Scafell, England, Snowdon, Wales, and Ben Nevis, Scotland), a combined total of 11,177ft. (3407m), all within a 24 hour time frame.
Kids in Distress is a nationally accredited agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse, preservation of the family, and the care and treatment of abused and neglected children.
As a dedicated community partner, Quantum charged its participants to this endurance test with the team being made up of staff from the US, Holland and the UK. The hike occurred in September on the three peaks and there were some surprisingly aggressive climbing times achieved, the best was 11hours 16 minutes.
Quantum is extremely grateful to all those who sponsored their hikers and for making this a successful fundraiser and wishes to acknowledge and thank those sponsors who signed up (listed below) for making such generous contributions. It is because of their support that to date a total of $19,400.00 will be donated directly in full to the Kids in Distress charity:
National Marine - www.nationalmarine.com
Fowlers Sheet Metal - www.fowlerssheetmetal.com
• Marco Fluid Power - http://www.marcofluidpower.com
• Global Services LTD - www.globalservicesltd.co.uk
• Jones Boatyard - www.jonesdrydock.com
• Atlantic Marine, Inc - www.atlanticmarine.com
• Custom YachtRefinishing, Inc.
• Lawlor, Winston & Justice
• Triton Nautical News
• Florida Fluid Systems
• Gulf Controls Company, LLC
• WEG Electric Motors & Drives
• Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLP.
• William A. Webb & Associates, LLC