Baltic Yachts are currently busy with, amongst two other projects, the construction of a 34-metre custom sailing yacht designed by Malcolm McKeon. Adam Lay Studio are responsible for the project’s interior that is expected to be completed in the spring of 2019.
The project has been designed to meet the experienced owner’s world-cruising demands while taking into account the odd regatta in which the yacht is expected to take part in.
Some of these features include a large sail plan with top mainsail, telescopic lifting keel and a high righting-moment configuration. An updated version of Baltic’s proven retractable propulsion unit will be installed to further increase speed by reducing drag during racing mode.
"I’m delighted to be working with this owner who’s completed a number of yacht projects in the past,” commented McKeon. “I'm also really excited to be working with Baltic Yachts for the first time.”
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA