Australian superyacht design studio, Sabdes Design, has recently released a new 39 metre superyacht design. Named SLeek 39m, the vessel has been created using Feadship's SL39 platform.
The superyacht was inspired by a previous Sabdes Design project, the 145 metre Project X. Scott Blee of Sabdes Design comments, “The new design proved to be a successful exercise in downscaling some signature styling elements from the much larger yacht design.”
Some key characteristics of SLeek 39m include integrated drop down balconies at port and starboard measuring 5 metres and 2 metres in length; a section of the superstructure painted with Mica paint which allows the colour to change when viewed from different angles, and a sweeping structure that starts at the bow and integrates into the aft end of the upper sun-deck, creating the visual effect of lowering the height of the tri-decks.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA