Bernard Gallay Yacht Brokerage has announced the sale of the 37-metre modern sailing sloop Damahwil, with the company representing both the buyer and the seller in the deal. Built in 2010 by the Dutch yard, Bayaco, sailing yacht Damahwil features both naval architecture and exterior design by Dubois Naval Architects.
Photo: Julien Hubert / SuperYacht Times
An all-aluminium sloop measuring 37 metres, sailing yacht Damahwil is an ocean-going vessel which offers a truly comfortable experience for those on board. Undergoing a total refit back in 2016, she is presented to her new owner in spotless condition.
Thanks to her reliable sailing system, the vessel is extremely seaworthy and easy to manoeuvre for her owner, who can sail her with only two crew being necessary. On board, accommodation is for eight guests across four staterooms.
Performance-wise, she comes equipped with one Caterpillar diesel 540 HP engine and can achieve a top speed of 13 knots and a cruising speed of 12 knots. Photo: Camper & NicholsonsAt the time of sale, sailing yacht Damahwil was listed at an asking price of €4,995,000 which is equivalent to €24,365 per GT.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 Dutch built yachts sold at an average asking price of €19m, equivalent to €31,450 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2008 and 2012 sold at an average asking price of €9,6m equivalent to €26,002 per GT
- In 2018, yachts in the 35-39-metre range sold at an average asking price of €5,5m or €21,7738 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built in the Netherlands measuring around 37m sold at an average asking price of €6,4m or €23,958 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Gliss, a 32-metre Royal Huisman 32-metre had a last asking price of €6,9m equivalent to €56,557 per GT
- A Sulana, a 37-metre Holland Jachtbouw had a last asking price of €5,7m equivalent to €63,186 per GT
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!