Sailing yacht EOS arriving in Cobh, Ireland
Seen here arriving in the Irish seaside town of Cobh earlier this week after having just crossed the Atlantic is Lürssen’s 92.92 metre sailing yacht EOS. Measuring nearly 93 metres with a volume of 1,500 GT, the highly private three-masted schooner remains the largest sailing yacht afloat today. The yacht was constructed in 2006 by the German yacht builder entirely out of aluminium to a design by Langan Design with a stylish interior by Francois Catroux. At the end of 2011 the yacht made use of Royal Huisman’s refit division, Huisfit, where extensive work was completed on the yacht including a brand new exterior coat of paint, updates to her teak deck and service work to her on board mechanical systems.
Photo by Aidan Fleming
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA