The 30.2-metre sailing yacht Rapture has been sold thanks to Simon Goldsworthy from Edmiston representing the seller and Jeremy Peek from Pegaso Srl representing the buyer. Built in 2007 by Southern Wind in collaboration as the fifth unit in the SW 100 semi-custom series, Rapture features an interior and exterior design by Nauta and naval architecture by Farr Yacht Design. Her four cabins accommodate up to eight guests who will be able to enjoy the 270-degree view offered through the coachroof windows in the saloon. Sailing yacht Rapture’s leather fabrics and teak furnishings create a comfortable atmosphere on board, while her classic dining area is suitable for up to 10 guests.
Built to RINA A-1 classification, Rapture received regular refits and maintenance under the care of her previous owner, including upgrades to her rigging, paint job and sails in 2015. Powered by a Cummins Inc. QSB5.9 MCD diesel engine, Rapture can reach a top speed of 10.5 knots.
At the time of sale, Rapture had a last asking price of €3.6m or €45,000 per GT.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 South Africa built yachts sold at an average asking price of €5.5m equivalent to €63,094 per GT
- Last year, Southern Wind had one yacht sold with an asking price of €4.5m or €53,457 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2005 and 2009 sold at an average asking price of €6.7m equivalent to €23,984per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 28-32-metre range sold at an average asking price of €2.9m or €19,513 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2007 in South Africa measuring around 30m sold at an average asking price of €3.8m or €48,136 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Farewell a 2006 30-meter Southern Wind yacht had a last asking price of €3.8m equivalent to €46,341 per GT
- I-Sea a 2009 30-meter Southern Wind yacht had a last asking price of €3.9m equivalent to €49,367 per GT
- Five Southern Wind yachts were sold last year which had an asking price of €4.5m
- Today there are six Southern Wind yachts for sale at an average asking price of €3.6m
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!