Photo: Charl van Rooy / SuperYacht TimesAnchored off the town of Bodrum on the Turkish Riviera last night was the 40-metre local gulet, Zanziba. First started in 2011, the yacht was commissioned by a British businessman and experienced owner who tasked David Wright with the design of the yacht. After the project was abandoned by the original owner and the project put on hold by the Etemoglu Shipyard, a local client stepped in to complete the yacht which was subsequently launched in 2015.
Following a busy boat show period in Spain and Greece, SuperYacht Times have now moved on to Turkey where our team is attending the inaugural TYBA Charter Yacht Show in Yalikavak Marina, Bodrum. Stay tuned for scenes from the show here on SuperYachtTimes.com.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA