Italian superyacht builder Sanlorenzo has announced the launch of a new initiative, known as the Captain’s Academy. Created with the aim of educating captains and technicians, the academy will draw participants from around the world together this week at the shipyard’s La Spezia facility.Photo: SanlorenzoThe five-day event (which takes place from 26-30 November 2018) was created in order to give participants the theoretical and practical skills necessary to carry out work as a crew member onboard Sanlorenzo-built superyachts. In addition to technical training, participants will also take part in a hospitality workshop, which aims to provide 5-star service training.
Those who complete the course are set to obtain an official certification, which the company hopes, will generate future job opportunities onboard Sanlorenzo superyachts. Photo: Sanlorenzo
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA