The Spanish motor yacht builder Astondoa has announced that it will build a second unit of its 100 Century line of superyachts that is destined for the American market. The first hull, named Ninitas, was revealed during last year’s Cannes Yachting Festival and is cruising in the Mediterranean. Photo: Astondoa S. A. The sporty and aggressive exterior of the 100 Century comes from Astondoa’s own team of designers who developed a few telltale design cues such as the shark-like wheelhouse window and defining black and white contrasting paint finish.Inside, designer Cristiano Gatto has once again been drafted to create the customised interior as his studio did on the first unit.
Construction is already underway at the shipyard in Santa Pola and the project will be ready for delivery in 2019.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA