Peter Symonds of Sigmund Yacht Design has sent us these renderings of their latest superyacht concept design, AU60. AU60 is based upon the design studio's Vestar project, changing and improving upon it in numerous but small ways.
Symonds comments "Every surface and glass area has been subtly modified to increase performance and to enhance the elegance of the already graceful sailing yacht
"Moving away from peaked surfaces and large window graphics AU60 is sailing yacht designed for a sailor who appreciates the yacht as something to keep, cherish and maintain for generations."
Inside, the designer has used more freestanding furniture as opposed to inbuilt, "It gives a domestic character to the AU60. Individual armchairs and bamboo floors add to home feel of the interior."
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA