Sailing Yacht, Asahi, began her refit at STP with the spectacular unstepping of her mast. This superyacht's two aluminium masts bear a sail area of around 1.500m² - the main-mast measuring at 58.8 metres and the mizzen mast at 48.26 metres tall. The impressive heights called for the assistance of two special cranes to be brought from the mainland to unstep them in an operation that, as far as the height of the main-mast goes, was certainly unprecedented for Mallorca.
Asahi is a sailing yacht of elegant and luxurious design boasting a lavish mixture of refined materials. The premium ebony, wenge, makassar and leather of her interior affords a natural, tranquil feel to accommodate up to 12 persons in 6 cabins. Her exterior includes a characteristic flybridge and magnificent solarium.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA