The 55 metre Heesen Yachts Azamanta was seen over the weekend in the Dutch town of Hellevoetsluis, the base from where Heesen Yachts conducts their seatrials. The yacht was launched on May 1st. These photos show her highly unusual hull colour.
Azamanta is a fast displacement steel-hulled yacht - developed by Van Oossanen Naval Architects in collaboration with Heesen. Her exterior lines are from the drawing board of Omega Architects, who have included vertical windows and numerous glass insertions in the bulwarks.
At this moment, her mast is not yet fitted (to allow the yacht to pass underneath several bridges on the route from the yard in Oss to Hellevoetsluis).
The yacht has a top speed of 16.5 knots with a range of 4,500 nm at a cruising speed of 13 knots. Azamanta will be intensively tested in the North Sea and is due to be delivered to her owners in July.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA