This winter the 59 metre Lürssen superyacht Capri arrived at the Dunya Yachts shipyard in Istanbul, Turkey. Among other work, the refit team of Dunya Yachts will completely repaint the hull and superstructure of the superyacht, using Awlgrip Paint Systems.
The refit division of Dunya Yachts has an expert team on site, as well as local and international sub-contractors for any required work. Also in order to cope with refit progress, Dunya have set-up an independent planning department. This summer the company will make further investments by extending their covered drydock to service larger yachts. Dunya is comprehensively equipped to undertake the refit and repair of luxury yachts up to 100 metres.
Managing director Sedat Ergün says, "we will expand our refit division and Istanbul will become a great refit stop in the very near future."
Dunya offers a full range of refit services including;
- Full repainting with quality assurance certifications from Awlgrip, Jotun and Hempel
- Mechanical work for engines, shafts, propellers, rudders, pumps and all other elements
- Electrical work for generators, switch boards and other complex electronic equipment, including radar, communications and entertainment systems
- Maintenance, repair and the creation of joinery and furniture
- Teak decking
- Hull extensions, superstructure alterations